Saturday, November 20, 2010

I'm back...

Well, since I received my Kindle last year for Christmas, I became a little (okay, a lot) obsessed with reading. It goes with me wherever I go and has saved my sanity more than once (wait in a long line, pull out the Kindle). But, I have this other side of me that still likes to create things and I've ignored the call to create for quite some time.



I recently (just last week) had foot surgery and I have now gone from 100 m.p.h. to zero. I've never felt so helpless in my life. Luckily I'm married to a great guy and we have a great kid, and they are taking care of me. I've got about 7 weeks to go (4 weeks in one cast and then 4 weeks in another cast) before I get put into a boot and can start walking on it. Not being able to walk has made me listen to my creative voice and sit (with my foot propped up) at my little crafting table in my bedroom and start making things again.


It's also that time of year for freshlyblended's ornament swap. This is my third year participating and it's really fun. I also found another ornament swap via Creative Kismet, and I'm participating in Louise Gale's ornament swap.


Most of my ornaments are finished. I'm just working out the last details so I can take pictures of them. More to come...

2 comments:

Wagapapa said...

Hi!
It's my first time in your blog and I like a lot your pieces.
Hope you get well from your surgery and can walk again soon.
Meanwhile, have a good time cross stitching :D

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad you are getting back into creating things, I love your work. Glad that you are healing nicely, and that my cousin is being good to you. :) Can't wait to see some of the pictures of your work, it's always sooo pretty.
Dad is doing better and should be heading home in a week or so. :)

JoAnn