Saturday, December 22, 2012

A few things to show before Christmas

Aren't internet friends the best? I've met a couple of people on-line and I've actually gotten to know them a bit. One of the best things is how generous they are. Look what Chris from Tot Hill Farm Stitches sent me.


She does great work! It's a great ornament and it's all one over stitching. I'm always impressed with that since I don't have as much patience with it, but it's a joy to behold! The funny thing is, I sent her this year's origami ornament and I swear these ornaments waved at each other at the post office - great minds think alike! Thanks so much, Chris!


Here is the haul from all my ornament exchanges this year. Every year, crafters impress me with their imagination and skills. This photo does not do them justice. Each one is amazing!



Last year, my origami tree was a 2 foot tall feather tree with miniature ornaments. Some of my origami ornaments this year are much bigger and looked rather silly on a 2 foot tall tree. I decided to "branch" out this year, and I'm really pleased with the results. I've even got some extra ornaments boxed up and ready to be given out to any unexpected friends that might drop by.








Here's a close up of the inside of the vase. It looks like cranes are falling and settling at the bottom. Love!

I hope everyone has a wonderful holiday! I hope you are all surrounded by those you love and those that love you. When the daily news weighs heavy on my heart, I count the reasons why life is a celebration. Everyday is a gift.

Cheers,
Heidi (aka heidistitches)

3 comments:

Myra said...

Heidi, your origami ornaments are fabulous. I love the one you sent Chris and I love the ornament Chris sent you too. Her tiny little stitches are just gorgeous. Merry Christmas!

Anonymous said...

That is such a pretty ornament. I love how you have them all displayed too. You are so talented on displaying things. :)

Chris said...

I am so glad that you like the ornament.
Your origami tree this year is amazing! I love the fallen pieces.
Wishing you and yours a fabulous Christmas!
Do you make most of your gifts?