Thursday, June 12, 2008

A Little History...

I learned how to cross stitch and embroider when I was 11 years old. I still have a couple of pieces that I did back then. I believe this is the oldest one and it's embroidery.

And here's the back of it...

It's pretty messy, but I think it's pretty good for an 11 year old!


This piece was sewn when I was 12 years old. I was taught how to cross stitch on gingham. Luckily I have kept this in a drawer and it's still in pretty decent shape.

And here's the back...

Quite an improvement on technique for a 12 year old. If you look closely you can see all the little knots that start and end my thread. I guess my teacher didn't know the techniques we all use today!

I hope you enjoy looking at these old pieces. I have fond memories of stitching them.





No comments: