Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Another start...The Red Thread

I've been seeing this piece in quite a few cross stitch blogs and I've found a Stitch-A-Long (SAL) group that's doing it as well. It's quite charming and so I thought I'd give it a go. It's stitch on linen (which is quite different from aida cloth) so it gives it a nicer feel and sharper look. It's a series of 12 pictures (one for every month) that are tied together by a red thread that weaves through all of them and the quote at the bottom says,

"An invisible red thread connects those who are destined to meet regardless of time, place or circumstance. The thread may stretch or tangle, but it will never break." - Chinese Proverb

The Red Thread series is a Bent Creek design.


And the back.

And here's a picture of the rest of the charts that make up this piece.


I'll keep looking, but I can't find a good picture of the entire piece (you can stitch them individually as shown, or as one continuous piece). If I find one, I'll post it.

UPDATE - I found a picture...yeah!


1 comment:

Oma said...

Heidi, this is SO cool!!! And your work is absolutely stunning! The backs of my cross stitch pieces always looked like hairy placemats--I have never seen such perfectly clean backs as those you've done. Wow!

I know what you mean about unfinished projects. I haven't cross stitched in decades now but still have a number of beautiful patterns tucked neatly away. (Like I'm ever going to do them--I can't even get my frigging thesis written, much less 20 year old cross stitch projects!)

Anyway, you do beautiful work. If you're interested, I think I kept a lovely piece that my aunt started of a series of Dutch windmills. If I can find it, would you want me to send it and see if it's something you'd like to finish and keep?