Thursday, July 10, 2008

WIP - Multiplication Sampler



This is a sampler from the Historical Sampler Company. It's quite large, 54 cm x 45 cm. For the longest time I could not find this pattern in the U.S. so I drew up a pattern on my own. Everything was going well until I realized I did not calculate my fabric correctly (after 30 years, this is the first time this has ever happened.). I blame it on karma. I was trying to duplicate something that I should have just bit the bullet and paid for it in the first place (even though I could only find it at U.K. online stores). I was probably 3/4's of the way through when I realized my mistake. I have no picture of it because I couldn't bear to look at it. It was trashed. I then did the right thing, and just over a year ago I purchased the entire kit. I still could only find it in the U.K., but I spent the money (because I wanted it so bad!). Well, here's how far I've gotten in this past year just because I've had to stop and do other projects. I want to have it finished by next summer because I'd like to enter it in our local county fair next year.




And here's the back.


1 comment:

mercy said...

Wow what a big WIP! Thanks for the comment you left on my blog. I wanted to email you back about the snip-it jars but don't have any contact information for you. Can you please email me? If you go to my profile there's a email me link you can press :-)