Monday, July 7, 2008

Crew's Baby Sampler - Finished!

I just finished Crew's sampler a few minutes ago. I decided to go very bold on his name and birthdate. The font I used was Times Roman. If you're not familiar with Yarn Tree, it's a great cross stitching resource. I was able to plot the name and birthdate using downloads of graph paper from their site. Here's the finished piece.



I know these are dark, but I had no natural light to photograph in at the moment. Here's the back.



Now I just have to wait for the Michael's discount framing coupon and get it framed. I'm not often very smart about things, but the one thing I quickly realized was getting to know my framer. Hopefully she'll never leave this Michael's or I'll have to start the process all over again. She really enjoys my work and whenever I bring something in, she gets just as excited as I do about picking out the right mat and frame. It's a pleasure working with her and she takes pride in what she's doing. It's also nice to hear that I bring in some of the best pieces. She says she gets some that are quite wonky and mis-shapen and the customer looks to her to try and make it "square." She says she's also amazed by how many pieces come in dirty. Maybe she's just buttering me up, but it's always nice to hear that your work is appreciated!

No comments: